KGI Master's Thesis Research Application
Welcome to the application for the Keck Graduate Institute Master’s Thesis Research program offered in partnership with COPE Health Scholars!
This application is only available for Keck Graduate Institute Master's in Applied Clinical Science research students. If you are not a KGI student, please feel free to check out our other programs that is offered by COPE Health Scholars. Through this research project, students will actively engage in projects that align with their field of study and learn from their on-site advisor how to identify hospital and/or health system needs and provide solutions to address the gaps within a hospital and/or health system. Students will be assisting in data collection and statistical analytics as well as tracking progress of existing hospital projects and/or pending projects. Students will not be assisting with hands-on patient care task or delivery, but instead, gaining exposure to various careers in health care by going on rounds with nurses, doctors, and/or hospital administrators to gather the necessary data for their focused project.
- Must be a 2nd year student in the KGI Masters of Science in Applied Life Sciences program.
- Complete Health Scholar online application no later than May 1.
- Schedule and complete an in-person interview with potential on-site advisor and site Program Manager.
- Complete the hospital clearance process by site-specific deadlines.
- Attend all required training hours AND pass entrance exam with a minimum of 80%. Please note that student must pass exam in order to continue the program.
- Schedule and attend three, 6-hour shifts per week for 9 consecutive months or an equivalent of 18 – 20 hours per week.
- Schedule and attend check-ins to discuss progress on the current project(s).
- Weekly check-ins during the first three weeks, followed by monthly check-in with on-site advisor
- Monthly check-ins with the KGI committee member or MS program director and on-site advisor
- Quarterly check-ins with Program Manager and on-site advisor
By selecting apply, you will be guided through the following required tasks:
1. Application: Complete a series of basic questions about yourself, technical skills, and the application essay questions. Essay questions must be between 300 to 500 words. These questions are:
- Prompt #1: Have you completed research in a clinical environment before? Please explain.
- Prompt #2: What areas of research interest you most?
2. Demographics Form: Provide basic information such as your address & past employment.
3. Upload resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV): upload your most up to date resume or CV.
4. Submit! All three required tasks must be complete in order to submit your application. Should you have any questions during the application process, please refer to our website at www.copehealthscholars.org or email our team at email@example.com.